Driver Advise

Discussion in 'iMac' started by LongSticks, Jan 19, 2014.

1. LongSticks macrumors 6502

Running a n iMac 12,2 i5 with an HD6770M GPU. I have it Bootcamp'd for Windows and it's starting to get sluggish. Have 16mb RAM installed and looking put in a quicker HD soon as well.

Ran some Bentley Microstation benchmarks today, as I'm thinking of moving from AutoCad 2013, as it's becoming a dog. Microstation makes much better use of multicore.

I was checking over the results and noticed that ATI drivers are still circa 2011.

Anybody got any idea what the latest driver version is for 6770M and a link if there's better out there?

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

If you are wanting updated drivers for your graphics card for Windows, you can try the usual sources for any Windows drivers. Here's one that I found with a quick google: http://driverscollection.com/?H=Radeon HD 6770M&By=AMD&SS=Windows 7
    You didn't say what version of Windows you are running now, so you would check for drivers for your Win version, too.

However, if you just want to get the latest graphics driver for OS X, those typically are updated as you update OS X. And, you can update to Mavericks, which will give you the best chance at updated graphics drivers.

Just a thought - Autocad and other pro-level apps may like more RAM, and your iMac can have more installed, up to 32 GB !