Driver install after installing XP on imac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Jnardis, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

I'm having trouble finding all the drives after the install. Everything worked perfectly during the install and I have XP running on my imac. The only problem I'm having is I can't find the drivers so I can use my wireless internet on the imac.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Have you looked on the grey install disc that came with your iMac?

B

3. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's what I'm using. I keep getting the following error 3 quarters of the way:
    STOP: C000021A "Fatal system error. The windows subsystem process terminated un expectedly w/ a status of OX C000005. System shut down. It's a blue screen with white letter.

Any idea what's causing this?

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Not a clue.

Can you be more specific about what you have installed? What Service Pack? What version of XP (Home, Pro)? Are you trying to install Boot Camp 2.x or 3.x (is your OS X install disc for 10.5 or 10.6).

Does the blue screen give any hint of the file name XXXX.SYS/EXE/... that may be causing the blue screen?

B

5. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm using Office XP Service Pack 2 with imac OSX Install DVD version 10.6.3.

The steps I'm taking are:
    Log onto my mac and use pre installed bootcamp to partition the drive. I'm using 32GB. Then I use my xp cd to install xp. At this time everything is working fine except for the missing drives. Then I put in the iMac install dvd and run bootcamp. It looks like everything is working perfectly. The imac is finding wireless internet and all the drives look like they are working fine until out of no where a blue screen pops up and states what I wrote below. There is nothing else on the screen. I'm using a 27 inch imac that i bought about 5 weeks ago new.

Thanks for u help.