Driver Issues

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ayee007, Jun 25, 2010.

1. ayee007 macrumors member

I just installed XP Pro SP2 on my macbook with bootcamp...set aside 30GB for windows using NTFS quick...xp installed fine. i insert the mac os x cd to install drivers...everything seems to install except all the drivers under other drivers. the video card didnt seem to install as there is a huge lag when i drag a window, and there is no sound...

im wondering is this because i decided on NTFS and not FAT32? Is there a way to resolve this? I went under disk utility to try to update all the yellow question marks, nothing seems to work.

if i cannot figure this out, should i delete the partition, reinstall xp using FAT32? help please!

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

No, this has nothing to do with not choosing FAT32.

The drivers are not installed well. I would try that again and definitely run Apple Software Updater to see what it suggests as more recent versions than those on your OS X DVD.

B

3. ayee007 thread starter macrumors member

ive tried to install the drivers from the snow leopard install dvd, but they wont install....my audio and video cards arent working...are there other sources to get them?

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Have you been able to install and run the Apple Software Updater as I suggested?

Can you specify exactly which Mac and which version of Windows you are using. What do you mean won't install, do you get an error message? Does it seem to install, but not work, etc...

Just to check. You are using the original Snow Leopard DVD that came with your Mac or you bought at retail, right? If you are using a copy or "downloaded" copy of Snow Leopard you probably didn't get the drivers. The only legitimate place to get the drivers is on the OS X DVD from Apple.

B