Driver Problems

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by DudeMartin, Jun 6, 2011.

1. DudeMartin macrumors regular

Hello everybody.

Recently, I deleted Windows 7, and in fact my whole Bootcamp partition because I dislike Windows 7 (it seems to run too sluggishly).

Shortly afterwards, I decided to install Windows XP. While I was running the Bootcamp Assistant it became apparent to me that the only officially supported Windows OS is Windows 7. That didn't stop me. When it offered me to download drivers I chose that I had my original install DVD that came with Mac.

After I installed Windows XP, which went flawlessly, I put in the install DVD to install the drivers. I got an error message that basically said only Windows 7 is supported.

I went back and chose "Download Windows support software" and burned that to a DVD. Then, I went back to Windows XP and tried to install the drivers - still only Windows 7 is supported.

That's why I am here. How should I go about installing the drivers on my Windows XP Bootcamp partition? The 'official' method only supports Windows 7.

Thanks a lot in advance!

2. drjasonharrison macrumors newbie

Sorry can you give us more information on your hardware and mac os? I have Windows XP installed and it runs "fine."

3. DudeMartin thread starter macrumors regular

Sure. It's a 2011 13" MacBook Pro - Core i5. I am running the latest version of Snow Leopard - and I installed Windows XP Service Pack 2.