Drivers for Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by resslerd, Nov 26, 2008.

1. resslerd macrumors newbie

I just installed windows xp on my macbook pro (leopard) today through bootcamp and I came to realize that I have no drivers for it. I checked on the mac website and only saw to insert my Leopard dvd to install drivers. There is one problem with this, I don't have my Leopard install dvd. I recently came on foreign exchange and brought my macbook along with me and didn't think I had to bring the install disc with me. Does anybody know where I can get the correct drivers online? I'm mainly worried about the graphics and sound drivers as I'm stuck with no games (the reason that I installed windows) and 1024 x 768 resolution with no sound. Thanks all

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You can only get them from the Leopard (or OS X Install Restore) DVDs. They are not available online.

3. resslerd thread starter macrumors newbie

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Unless you know someone with the DVD that you can borrow ...

You could drop by an Apple store, they might install the drivers for you.

5. resslerd thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I'm on foreign exchange so I don't exactly know many people. Also apple store is a bit difficult because first of all I don't speak much Japanese and second of all they try to rush you out of the store as fast as possible here.

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Ahh, I didn't know you were in Japan, still I'd give the Apple store a shot - you never know.

7. resslerd thread starter macrumors newbie

8. chaveezy macrumors newbie

What exact drivers are you in need of ie: what video card do you have? I have a post here about Windows 7 build 6801 drivers, I think I posted the audio and wireless network card driver links. Of course this is a Pre-Beta build but most drivers from XP/Vista have been working, just a matter of finding the perfect driver for the job.... It proved very difficult, still working out bugs.

PS - If you download the newest windows updates they have the NVidia drivers that are the most recent for the MBP.