Drivers for Canon MP600R

Discussion in 'macOS' started by asharff, May 15, 2009.

1. asharff macrumors newbie

Can anyone help. Having recently finally got fed up with Windows and seen the light and just got a new imac. I have a canon mp600r connected to my local network by ethernet.

I have downloaded the latest printer and scanner drivers for os x from canon, however neither set of drivers properly installs. Both install start writing files then pop up the message that there has been a problem with the postinstall script.

As it happens, I have been able to set up printing. But I still cannot get the scanner to work.

Canon support are useless and have not been very helpful.

Anyone out there who has the solution to this?

2. eji macrumors 6502

eji

I use this same multifunctional on my wireless network. You're right, Canon support is awful and the software won't win any awards, but if you download the following from this page (eliminate Windows choices by selecting the Mac OS X option in the drop-down menu), you shouldn't have a problem:

- Canon Network Setup and Tool (2.6.0)

- MP Navigator for Mac OS X (3.03)

- Printer Driver for OSX (5.83)

- ScanGear CS for OS X (12.13.0)

Those are all Leopard-compatible and work well with my system. To save troubleshooting, you might also want to connect the printer via USB at first and then switch to Ethernet once all the software is installed.

3. asharff thread starter macrumors newbie

MP600R divers still wont install

eji

thanks for reply.

I have downloaded the drivers from this page - they will not install.

I just get message about error in postinstall (or postflight) script

4. eji macrumors 6502

eji

Crap. I thought maybe by installing the additional printer/scanner components it would work -- as if the driver installers were dependent on having MP Navigator installed.

Sometimes these postflight script errors stem from permissions issues.

Have you tried repairing permissions (using the built-in Disk Utility in the Utilities folder) and rebooting?

5. asharff thread starter macrumors newbie

Still doesn't work

eji.

Tried that. Makes no difference. A pox on Canon!