Drivers for Sata card

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Massnegro, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Massnegro macrumors newbie

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help, a few months ago, needing to ad some storage to my old faithful MDD, I bought a SATA PCI card on ebay, it claimed to be plug and play with OSX, howver, when I finally arrived from Hong Kong, guess what, it's not....

If you look at about my Mac it informs you that no driver is present and of course the shiny new 1TB drive is not seen, tried many, many, times now asking the seller if they have any drivers to no avail, can anyone point me in the right direction of a driver that might get the SATA card to function on my dual 1.25mhz MDD firewire 400.

Kind Regards

Andy

2. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Without knowing what kind of card it is or version of OSX you're running, all I can tell you is to try to match the OS, chip manufacturer and number of ports to the drivers at Sonnet, Firmtek, or Silicon Images (SI is the most common and the drivers are most universal, you LIKELY need the SIL3132 or 3134 driver).

3. Massnegro thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for you help, I'd kinda thought the drivers might be universal, I'd let you know which version of Leopard I'm running and the chip details etc but I'm at work... Anyway I'll try those when I get home.

regards

Andy