Drivers for Windows XP?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jmj2014, Nov 20, 2011.

1. jmj2014, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

jmj2014 macrumors newbie

I just installed Windows XP to my Mac through Bootcamp, as I do not have access to Windows 7. I then proceeded to download the file BootCampESD.pkg and mount it on a USB thumb drive. However, when I start my Windows partition and attempt to run the 'setup.exe' file, it tells me that the drivers are only for Windows 7.

Is there anyway I can find the drivers for Windows XP? Airport is the most important one, but if someone could tell me where to locate all of them, I would be grateful.

2. techguy20 macrumors 6502

Do you have the Install DVD that came with your Mac?

Which Mac do you have? That could make a difference on what you can run.

3. jmj2014 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not have the Install DVD. It's at my house, 400 miles away :(

I have a 2010 13' MBP.

4. techguy20 macrumors 6502

You should, in theory, be able to run XP on that machine. I read a few things in the 2011 models not being able to run it, but you should be fine.

This is an "update" but looking at the file size, it seems it may be exactly what you need. I'd try downloading this and installing it. I have a feeling it may work.

If that fails, you may be able to call Apple with some sort of proof of purchase and request from them replacement installation DVDs, like the ones that came with your mac. I have seen people do that in the past and get them for free.