Drivers for XP 64-bit on 2008 intel MacBook

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by btsbarton, Dec 23, 2012.

1. btsbarton macrumors newbie

Hi! Ive searched the internet and this forum but havent found the answers Im looking for.

I have a 2008 MacBook with the intel 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo processor.
    On the OSX side its running snow leopard, and I have bootcamped Windows XP Pro x64(64-bit).

It installed fine, but when I went to install the drivers I realized that I made the mistake of getting the 64-bit version, as there is no driver support on the OSX disc. But, I already bought it and installed it.

So Ive been using it about a week, it does work, I mostly just use Windows for a couple programs to scan/datalog on my car. But the 3 drivers I really need are for WiFi/Airport, trackpad, and keyboard.

Basically it sucks having to shutdown and boot into OS X if I need to find something on the internet since the WiFi doesnt work. And its really tough not having a way to right click.

If someone could give me links/point me in the right direction to download these drivers I would be very thankful!

Thank you!

2. chrfr macrumors 603

There's no support for XP 64-bit in Boot camp. In general XP64 compatibility is so poor, you're going to have issues with everything. You're better off using XP 32-bit or Windows 7, both from a Boot Camp and application compatibility standpoint.