Drivers Needed for White iMac late 2006

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jgb2000, Jul 10, 2012.

1. jgb2000 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone! I have installed Bootcamp on my old Intel Core2Duo White iMac 2 GHz that originally came with OSX 10.4 Tiger. I have upgraded the OSX to 10.5 Leopard with my MacBook Pro Disks before installing Bootcamp.

The problem I'm running with is that my original machine's disks 10.4 doesn't contain the computers drivers for Bootcamp (or I have not been able to find them on the disk). I have run the Bootcamp install program from my 10.5 discs but those are drivers specific for a MacBook Pro which doesn't work.

The two main problems I'm having due to the lack of drivers are:

1. The screen resolution is bad and the windows jump when being dragged (I can probably leave with this problem if needed).

2. I can not get a connection with my wireless network. I do see it listed but it time outs when trying to connect. This is not a problem I can live with.

Any suggestions on where I can get either a copy of the Leopard's 10.5 discs specific to my old iMac or the individual drivers to install separately? Any help will be much much appreciated.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. jgb2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

I would if I could but the my iMac doesn't have the minimum system requirements (memory). Anyone else that can be a little more helpful?

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

The drivers are commercial software copyrighted by Apple. Any source that is not from Apple or an OEM will be considered a violation of forum rules and will be removed. Sorry.

You don't need to run SL to use the drivers the disc provides, so it really doesn't matter how much RAM you have as long as it is enough for Windows.

B