Drivers off Leopard installation disc

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by FireArse, Dec 28, 2007.

1. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Hey all - hope everyone's Christmas went well :)

Quick question for y'all...

I can't stand the default installation on a brand-new machine, so the first thing I do is Erase & Install, and remove the junk setup by default. Except it bit me in the arse this afternoon.

I looked at HP's support website for HP Photosmart 7960 drivers, except HP say the only ones available are on the default install of Leopard.

Is there anyway I can install the drivers off the DVD without doing an Archive & Install (and setting a requirement for all HP printers)?

Kind regards,

FireArse

2. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

...junk setup...??? I think you've been in Windows-land too long. OS X preinstalled is as clean as you reinstalling it.

OS X != Windows kludge.

3. FireArse thread starter macrumors 6502a

OS X Default setup

errrr, the default setup on a brand-new machine has GB's of drivers, languages and programs that people never use. eg:

• Microsoft Office 2k4 trial
    • Xerox drivers?
    • Some iLife apps (eg Garageband)

Much better for me to do an Erase-Install and install things one by one - it's just that HP have been lazy and haven't got round to providing the drivers for the Printer for Leopard.

Anyway - back to the point if I may - can we install single drivers for specific hardware off the OS X Leopard install disc? (either Grey disc or retail family pack)

4. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Yep - no argument with that, and it's certainly possible. My problem is that I'm suffering from brain freeze and can't remember exactly what the option is called on the Leopard disk (even though I've done it myself!)... Must be my age.......:rolleyes:

Anyhoo - if you insert the DVD you should see an icon labeled something like 'optional installs', or something similar. You can install just the missing drivers from there.

5. FireArse thread starter macrumors 6502a

DVD driver install

You, are most kind. I grew up in Guildford - you live anywhere near there?

F