DRM iTunes old songs

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by soduno, Jul 4, 2015.

1. soduno macrumors newbie

All right. Really struggling now.
    I have tons of music purchased before Apple discounted the old drm system in iTunes.
    Now I basically can't do anything with my old bought music. I have around 100 albums bought with the DRM included. Is there a way to remove the drm without re-buying 100+ albums? I have bought an Android One plus phone, and it seems so wrong that I can't do anything with my 100+ albums with a non apple hardware :mad::(o_O

2. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

3. soduno thread starter macrumors newbie

Could you explain? Maybe I have not done my google part good enough :rolleyes:o_O

4. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

iTunes Match see's what's in your library and let's you download Non-DRM 256kbps AAC versions, along with having up to 25,000 songs available in the cloud.

Although if you bought them from iTunes you should just be able to download them again?

5. soduno thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm... iTunes Match seems to be the solution then. But what happend if I decited not to have iTunes Match anymore, will my non drm be lost then?

About redownload. Do you mean related to iTunes match or something else? :)

6. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

Problem is, apple music seems to have broken iTunes matched. In my case I have both match and apple music and any new songs I add to my library get matched wrongly to apple music files, so if I download those from my second Mac they are downloaded with drm.

7. Rigby, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015

Rigby macrumors 601

See the bottom paragraph here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201616

iTunes Match on its own still works fine. Subscribing to Apple Music in addition has apparently caused issues for some people though.

8. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

iTunes plus is a completely different thing and has nothing to do with iTunes Match wrongly matching songs to the Apple music catalogue.

9. Rigby macrumors 601

Did you even read the support article? And my posting, for that matter? :rolleyes:

10. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

I see we are mixing topics here. Apologies for that.

11. Paco II macrumors 65816

I have not dealt with DRM'ed iTunes tracks in a long time, but can't you burn them to disc and then rip? Quality loss would exist but probably minimal.

12. soduno thread starter macrumors newbie

I could do that, but i have around 50-60 albums :-(
    I have also played with virtual dvd drive, but it takes hours to burn them, no idea why