Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miTunes75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Steve stated that it's going to be the same as it is with TV shows. I have yet to D/L a TV show, so i don't know this:

If I decide to get the movies, of course I'm going to want to back them up. Can you back up these licenced files onto another hard drive? If so, are you able to play them back when you connect it??

How does the whole licencing work?

Friday I'm going to D/L a movie and see just how good the quality is. With what steve showed in the presentation, I'm convinced that it's "almost as good".

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
miTunes75 said:
If I decide to get the movies, of course I'm going to want to back them up. Can you back up these licenced files onto another hard drive? If so, are you able to play them back when you connect it??
Yes, you can back them up do another hard drive or to a data disc, just like you would with song files. You can bring those files over to any other machine, but you would need to authorise another computer before the file will play.

What you can't do is burn a DVD that would be playable in an ordinary DVD player.

How does the whole licencing work?
It works just like it does for purchased music files (except that for music, you can burn an audio CD instead of a data one). The files will play on any computer that you have authorised, and on any video iPod you have synced to your library.

Friday I'm going to D/L a movie and see just how good the quality is. With what steve showed in the presentation, I'm convinced that it's "almost as good".
I hope that you post your impressions here, lots of people will be interested to know before they try for themselves!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.