Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sigs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
UK
I need help with the following please.
I purchase and downloaded a movie from iTunes thinking that I could do a backup copy to a DVD so that I could watch it on my TV via my DVD player.
I purchased a program called M4V converter Plus to remove the DRM which I have done. I have a copy program called 4Media DVD Copy but I cannot seem to be able to copy the movie file to transfer to A DVD.

PS: Bad mistake in the first place buying from iTunes.

Sigs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
UK
It's well known that there is DRM on the movies from iTunes and that you cannot burn them to DVD to watch on other devices.

When I contacted the support team of M4V converter Plus they told me that I would need a ripper and copy program, I contacted them again for their advice on how to do this and this time they haven't replied, I suppose they have got my money now and I am stuffed. Thank god I only have the one movie but the converter program cost me £40 GBP

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
I need help with the following please.
I purchase and downloaded a movie from iTunes thinking that I could do a backup copy to a DVD so that I could watch it on my TV via my DVD player.
I purchased a program called M4V converter Plus to remove the DRM which I have done. I have a copy program called 4Media DVD Copy but I cannot seem to be able to copy the movie file to transfer to A DVD.

PS: Bad mistake in the first place buying from iTunes.

Once you get the DRM removed, you still have to transcode to a format that can be burned to a DVD. I know Handbrake can convert from DVD to iTunes MP4, maybe it can do the opposite conversion too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.