iPad mini DRm

Discussion in 'iPad' started by borjam1981, Sep 25, 2016.

1. borjam1981 macrumors member

hello
    i´ve download this app: "bluefire reader" for reading a book wit h drm. i would like to underline my book and write in the pages but i can ony make notes.

any other option? Can anyone explain a little more about drm and adobe?

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Digital rights management? DRM.

Long story short, this is a technology content holders use to protect their works from being copied and distributed without limits. Aka, pirating. It often involves into certain encryption methods to prevent content from becoming useable without certain software to read and decrypt content.

With the encryption in place, content holder can even limit what you can do for their contents. Worst case is you can only read/watch it and that is all. Perhaps the book you read has strict limitations.

Generally speaking, DRM does not protect content creator much, but it may reduce the experience of content consumer a lot. One example is some Japanese game developers rely on some infamous DRM software to prevent their game from being pirated. However, those DRM software are too difficult to be removed even after the game is uninstalled. Players often feel frustrating.

Hope you get some idea of DRM. I personally don't like it.

3. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

Anyone with technical software expertise like a developer, they can override DRM! You just have to find someone who has the time to meet the challenge! People in this class are in silicon valley making multi-million dollars and are very busy push the edge of technology. They could care less, they can afford it!

4. borjam1981 thread starter macrumors member

5. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Yeah, I dislike DRM as well and even more now that Apple seems to have finally shut off the ability to screen shoot DRM movies and such in iOS 10.