dro concepts carbon fiber case for iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ecekat, Sep 19, 2009.

1. ecekat macrumors newbie

2. iphone3048 macrumors member

What do you want to know? Its bulky (by the picture) and it SCREAMS " I WANT ATTENTION, LOOK AT ME."

Really tho that's my 2 cents which Im sure not worth anything to you:D

3. justinwebb macrumors regular

i purchased this as i am a car enthusiast and love the carbon fiber look. Once i get it i will be doing a review of it

4. dietcokemac macrumors member

I took the plunge on their Carbon Fiber 3GS case middle of August. Received it in about a week and been very happy with it. It is sweet lookin and I am a case junkie so I had to have it. The locking clip is cool and I really like the soft linear which I haven't found on other hard cases. It really isn't bulky, I think it accents the cases curvature pretty well when installed.

I love carbon fiber (as much of my car is made with it) so this was a big selling point for me. Can't get over the looks :)

I mentioned on anothe rthread but I can do photos maybe if anyone is interested in it.

I have only had it a couple of weeks to hopefully it will continue to hold up really well.

:apple:?

5. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Could you post some hi-res photos? I'd be interested in seeing how it compares to the "Stare" Rebel Scholar case for $34.99.

6. justinwebb macrumors regular

that case you are talking about isnt even real carbon fiber.

The nice part about the carbon fiber case is that if you scratch it just wet sand it down a little and buff and magically its new again. Or if it gets to bad just sand and re-clear and bam a brand new case. I have painted many cars so i figure might as well buy that case from DRO cause it will last a long time.

7. ecekat thread starter macrumors newbie

can you post some pictures please????

8. lavinci macrumors 6502

Well I am confused at your last sentence since it mentions painting cars and the DRO case. What do those two have in common?

9. javanutsy macrumors newbie

I think that is a great looking case. Would love to see more pictures of it. Considering it is hand-made out of real carbon fiber and with a soft liner, the price doesn't seem too bad... I'm a little tempted.

10. FoldingCat macrumors newbie

I bought one of the dro concepts iPhone 3G carbon fiber cases back in February and have had a wonderful experience with it. It was recommended to me by a colleague who had one as well. The finish and quality of the case has stayed beautiful and I still have it on my phone today. The "open top" would be the only gripe I have. I constantly keep my iPhone 3G in my pocket and with the big opening slot on the top and side will occasionally accumulate lint.

I didn't know they had developed a new version, but in my opinion, it looks to be an upgrade over their last "open top" design. I am going to consider updating to the new "locking slider" carbon case as I think it is a greatly superior design.

I also would like to see your pictures when you have a chance. :D

11. dietcokemac macrumors member

been away, back now.

Here are those pictures I promised. The finish has held up really well. Sorry for all the finger prints in the pictures. I haven't cleaned my iPhone in a while :D

I still get tons of compliments on the case. I actually bought one for my boss also.

Enjoy.

Attached Files:

12. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

nice. how does the inside of the case look? is it rough?

13. justinwebb macrumors regular

14. BigBearAZ macrumors newbie

Ok, wow! I think it looks awesome. A tad bit flashy but still classy looking. I am very tempted. Thanks for posting the pics.
    Does the clearcoat finish scratch easily?

15. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    so what's the

"unidirectional" option/version on the site mean?

16. AlvinDj macrumors newbie

17. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

It looks like the case is substantially covering your camera, is that true?
    Also - does the clear on the carbon fiber accumulate fingerprints easy - I hate that. Other wise I think it looks beautiful. I have an Agent 18 case, and it is the WORST, it scratched my phone so badily :( So I am looking for a new one.

18. wase4711 macrumors regular

no offense, but that thing is butt ugly..looks like something from 20 years ago..
    Just my opinion..