DRO Concepts Carbon Fiber case - the end?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ahcl20, May 8, 2009.

1. ahcl20 macrumors member

Anyone knows what's going on with DRO Concepts? Their carbon fiber case has been out of stock for at least a month. I emailed them 2 weeks back and no reply (I had emailed them a few months back and got reply pretty much within hours).

Their blog hasn't been updated for 3 months. Have they gone bust or something?

2. campbellwebb macrumors newbie

Don't buy from DRO Concepts!!!

I bought the CF iPhone 3G case from DRO Concepts 2 months ago... but they sent me the silver version. So I returned the silver CF case the same day ... but they refuse to credit my AMEX and have not returned any of my emails. I am going to report them to the small business bureau and have AMEX contact them.

Don't buy from DRO Concepts!!!

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

huh

there is a SBB Small Business bureau I think you are revering to the BBB Better Business bureau. Call American Express they can probably do more to help you. Also mentioning stuff like this on the forums helps others from getting ripped as well

4. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

5. Section10 macrumors newbie

I ordered one last week but since having my bank reverse it since they have no contact abilities their phone number is dead as well as lack of email. Do not order from them. They should stop receiving payments if they're not in business. Apparently their bank account is the only thing they left open.

6. dietcokemac macrumors member

I took the plunge on their Carbon Fiber 3GS case middle of August. Got it, I dont' know, in a week and been very happy with it. It is sweet lookin and I am a case junkie so I had to have it.

I can do a review maybe if anyone is interested in.

7. ahcl20 thread starter macrumors member

I followed their annoucement back in June/July of their new Carbon Fiber 3G case.

Again, mailed couple of emails to clarify some points with shipping. No reply.

Didn't get the case at the end. First the design was not original (It's a carbon fiber equivalent of Griffin Elan Form). But most of all I had worries about the poor customer service.

It's a shame really as I am sure many folks with cash to spare would have been more interested if there wasn't so many uncertainties about the service and product.

8. VC75004 macrumors newbie

Scam!

Wish I could help. I ordered and paid for a 13" case in February and received a shipment confirmation the first week of March. I never received the case and now DRO refuses to return my e-mails. Does anyone have their phone number so I can resolve the scam. Thanks, VC

9. JTori macrumors newbie

Similar experience: Ordered a 3G case in April. Received it. Case had several quality issues, which I communicated to DRO. Received a response indicating the company was up and coming and that carbon fiber is hard to work with. Also received an RMA#. Returned the case on the RMA (shipping paid by me). Since then, no response to e-mails, no new case, no refund (despite my recent request to either ship a new case or refund money). These guys gotta' get on the ball. I'm becoming irritated.

10. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I bought this from them last year, case had terrible QC issues. I returned it and will never buy from them again.

11. JTori macrumors newbie

DRO Concepts Quality and Customer Service

DRO has a great concept .... for going out of business! Sketchy quality and nonexistent customer service. Conveniently, they do not have a phone number, and they are nonresponsive to e-mails. I advise against purchasing from them. On the positive side, they know how to collect customers' money.