Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSimeon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Does anybody have one of these? I am case crazy here lately and just ordered one off their site. I think it will be a while before they ship but who knows.

Any other good carbon fiber cases out there? I also looked at moncarbone

Thanks
Jamie

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Does anybody have one of these? I am case crazy here lately and just ordered one off their site. I think it will be a while before they ship but who knows.

Thanks
Jamie

Heres the first review i found when i typed it in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKftd9saTC4

the pictures on the site look great, even I want one. However Dro has a bad reputation for crappy customer service and the quality of their products not matching up to the price. Hopefully yours will prove differently. I would love to see some pictures and a review when you do recieve it. I was going to buy one for my iphone 3gs but never got replies to like 3 emails so I ended up getting one on ebay for half the price and loved it.

EDIT sorry I didn't read your post properly and thought u said "am i crazy for ordering one..." Didn't mean to deter you from the product you ordered at all.

TheMissionMan

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2011

Thanks
Jamie

I got one of the Moncarbone's for my iPad2. Quality is outstanding, but not 100% sure I'd want to put one on an iPhone. The problem with carbon fibre is that it does interfere with your mobile reception so it could provide some issues with reception depending on what mobile network you're on and what your signal strength is like. Its not a major risk but it is a risk nevertheless so its probably worth checking this when you test your case, especially if you live in an area which is known to have bad reception. I don't think any brand would be able to avoid this, so its not brand specific, its an issue with the material itself and probably why Apple hasn't bother to make a carbon fibre case for any of their products.

MacSilv

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2011
DRO guardian carbon fibre iPhone4 case

Bad experiences with the Guardian Iphone 4 case here - 2 cases arrived after 4 weeks in nowhere near the quality shown on the DRO website - clips looked like unfinished Alu prototypes - scratched and no 'D' and the finish on the carbon fibre was quite 'rough' too. On top of that both arrived broken. Completely unusable. Long drawn out email ping pong with very bad email return rate from DRO and more than 2 mths after having returned the cases for refund still nothing - don't waste your money!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.