DRO Concepts Iphone case review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by justinwebb, Sep 30, 2009.

1. justinwebb macrumors regular

I just recieved my dro concepts case today in the mail and figure i would post up some pics that i just took really quick. Overall great great case i am impressed with the quality of the case and the craftsmanship of it. Its well put together and fits the phone really well and has a soft backing to protect the phone. Great for docking and the new clip makes sure it doesnt just come apart. There are some spots on the case where it could have been clearcoated a bit better but they are just a few tiny pinholes and i will be sanding and buffing those out. I will be posting up a video review of the case here in a bit also, but here are the pics

VIDEO REVIEW NOW UP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1JbhP414vo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    so the "clip" that holds the 2 halves together won't scratch the back of the iPhone? looks like a pretty slick case if i could ever have the balls to take mine out of the Defender...LOL..

hey i posted this in the other thread.... what does the "unidirectional" version that they list on the site mean?

http://droconcepts.com/iPhone3GS/carbonfiberiphone3GScase.html

3. justinwebb thread starter macrumors regular

unidrectional is just a piece of carbon fiber without the weave so imagine instead of a weave like most carbon fiber is just a flat sheet with the fibers going every which way haha

and here is my video review, sorry for the crappy quality i had to use my camera
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1JbhP414vo

and the clip doesnt touch the actual back of the phone its a bit higher

4. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

I am wondering if that case collects a lot of fingerprints since it is shiny, i.e., clear coated.

5. justinwebb thread starter macrumors regular

it kinda does if you have greasy hands but its no worse then the screen, also i noticed that just putting it back in my pocket wipes them off.

6. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Any diminished signal strength with this case on? I don't really know why it would, but I think I read a review by someone who had a carbon fiber case on and stated that it seemed to decrease there phone signal.

7. justinwebb thread starter macrumors regular

i have noticed no signal drop at all with mine and have it on all the time. I havent had any dropped calls yet and nobody complaining that they cant hear me.

8. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I just ordered mine tonight. I ordered Fedex ground, how fast do you think I should get it? I'm in Texas, I think they're in Indiana.

9. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

10. justinwebb thread starter macrumors regular

11. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

12. justinwebb thread starter macrumors regular

i just got regular shipping via usps as i ordered before they had the fedex option.

13. davie1973 macrumors newbie

Hey Guy's..getting this awesome case shipped by fedex to Ireland....hope it arrives soon:D...why do you rekon the packaging was so tacky justin??

14. TuscanRider macrumors newbie

Has it broke yet?

DRO Concepts case - yes, I had one, the clips broke and the replacement doesn't fit the phone.

Has yours broke yet?