Drobo AirDisk?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by R.Youden, Feb 2, 2010.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Hi

I have a Drobo for data backup and storage. Anyway I am looking to connect the Drobo to my Airport Express as an AirDisk.

However the Drobo keeps going into 'sleep' mode and I can't access it anymore. Is this normal behaviour and does anyone know a solution to this.

Thanks.

2. Rich1963 macrumors 6502

Have you tried posting this over at the Drobo forum (www.drobospace.com)? The depth of knowledge is quite a bit better there pertaining to the Drobo...

3. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

On the Pro and Elite models you can disable sleep. But I don't believe it is possible on the original Drobo.

I have the Drobo hooked up to my Mac Pro with FW800. I wish there was a way to keep it awake, but I don't know of one.

4. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

Yea, I haven't found a way to keep it awake either while connected to my Mac Pro. It isn't overly annoying as I don't use it too often (it is solely for backup).

5. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

Yea, I haven't found a way to keep it awake either while connected to my Mac Pro. It isn't overly annoying as I don't use it too often (it is solely for backup).

6. sidefx macrumors regular

I think your problem is on the airport express the usb port is only for printers. You need to get the airport extreme to have a wireless HDD.