Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

natasha69

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
I looked and looked and could only find a dated post somewhere which said that the Drobo Dashboard only works via USB2.

However, I spoke to their support, and saw posts that said that Drobo Dashboard works over the network, when DROBO is connected via DroboShare.

So, where this is going is....can we now use Drobo Dashboard, but just connect DROBO to the back of our airport extremes? Rather than purchase a Droboshare for $$$?

Anyone with a Drobo 2 that can verify if this does or does not work?

Thanks in advance.

Whistler

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008
My understanding is that the Drobo Dashboard will only work when connected directly via USB, or via the DroboShare (which contains support for making the information available over the network).

Sharing the Drobo via something like Airport Extreme gives you access to the data, but not Drobo Dashboard. I would imagine that the Airport Extreme would need to be updated with firmware that supported the Drobo Dashboard before it would work.

I only have an original Drobo connected via Airport Extreme, so treat what I suggest about Drobo 2 with caution. However I can't see how it would be different even for the updated Drobo.

Hope this helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.