Drobo has 'split' itself, or something, weird, help!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by akm3, Dec 20, 2009.

1. akm3 macrumors 68020

So, I have my Drobo with two partitions - DroboMM and DroboTM

The DroboMM\downloads has Vuze saving stuff to it, but it isn't appearing on DroboMM\downloads

It is appearing as Mac HD\Volumes\DroboMM\downloads, and the 'real' DroboMM is listed as Drobo MM 1

The contents are identical, except new stuff is only being added to one or the other. They are supposed to be 'the same', but somewhere along the way they diverged. How do I fix it?

what happened?

Thanks,
    Screen shot 2009-12-20 at 4.41.34 PM.jpg

/edit: Additionally, the only way to GET to the Volumes\ is to click 'show in finder' from within Vuze.

But Vuze is listed to put it on DroboMM\downloads, so I don't know where this volumes nonsense is coming from. Help??

-Allen

2. akm3 thread starter macrumors 68020

Resolved.

What had happened was my Drobo had been disconnected or otherwise unmounted, but Vuze still started up. With no 'default save location', Vuze made up a new one on my main drive and just started using that instead. Since Vuze took the drive name of the real location, when it remounted drobo it gave it a new name (Drobo MM1)

So, I copied everything to the Drobo, deleted it all, deleted the 'new' one, disconnected the drobo, remounted it (getting it it's old name back) then for good measure reset up Vuze to point at the proper downloads folder.

Ta da, seems to be resolved. Seems like a dumb way for Vuze to handle things. I had wondered why my main HD was out of space recently...