Drobo Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tefleming, Oct 11, 2009.

1. tefleming macrumors 6502

Help! My Drobo (shared over DroboShare) used to glitch out alot and lose the connection to my mac mini. A firmware update came through recently that seemed to make those problems less frequent.

But, last night it did it again. So, I did a little searching and came across the advice that I should run DiskUtility to Verify (and/or Repair) the volume.

So, I stand it by, unhook it from the Droboshare; Hook it up over USB2 (have since also tried via Firewire). Problem is, Drobo Dashboard sees the disk (including the label) and the data usage/freespace - but Disk Utility won't mount the drive. When I try to Verify or Repair, it fails out.

I tried booting off my Leo install disk (still running 10.5.8) and tried Disk Utility there, no dice.

Is there anything else I can try (before I call Drobo support tomorrow) short of buying $100 Disk Warrior?

2. kboller07 macrumors member

I have had the same problem with my 2 drobos. I had to buy disk warrior because nothing else would fix it. Hopefully drobo support can give you an alternative now. Last time I asked them must have been at least 4 months ago.