droid 2 r2d2+iPad(wireless keyboard)+iPod Touch 4=good setup for me?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iperson21, Sep 15, 2010.

1. iperson21 macrumors regular

hey guys, im currently in high school and both of my computers really suck.

my hackintosh isnt that bad, but i doubt it'll last me 4 years.

so basically, i need a setup that'll last me 4 years

so would this work: droid 2 r2d2, rooted with wifi tether, iPad wifi 64gb, and an iPod Touch 64gb?

ipad wifi 64gb would be the 2nd gen which hopefully has facetime.

i travel alot, so it would be nice if i could do all my homework in the car while traveling. (i dont drive)

im getting the iPod Touch 32gb no matter what, my dad promised he would buy it for me if i did something for him which im not gonna say.

then after two years, see how much i can get for the r2d2, which i think will be alot since its limited edition, if i keep it in pristine condition.

what do you guys think?
    comments, criticism?

2. dhlee528 macrumors member

if you need to do hw, why not get a laptop or netbook with built in 3g and ipod ? and cheap cell phone?

3. Abscissa macrumors regular

You could buy a macbook pro for that money.

64GB ipod touch - $400
    64GB wifi ipad current - $700
    Droid 2 (I'm guessing) is $200 with a contract, and basically a minimum of $80-100 a month so about $1000 a year we'll say.

4. alectheking macrumors 6502a

weird.

5. Abscissa macrumors regular

hahahahaha. i didnt even read that somehow.

ewwwwwww. hahahah

6. mchad macrumors member

Exactly...a macbook pro with a mobile hotspot

7. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I understand that you want an iPod Touch, but do you need one? It seems that your're thinking more along the lines of what you want, instead of what you need.

I honestly don't see the use in an iPad for a high school student. That's $700 that could be spent in a much better way. Also, the R2D2 is simply a gimmick to pull extra money from consumers. It provides no additional features that I've seen (I could be wrong - please correct me if I am). It seems very wasteful to drop money on that, especially if you're a high school student with a limited income (or an altogether lack of income).

I'd second the recommendation for a MacBook or entry level MacBook Pro. You'll get much more use out of that than with any other combination, especially since you started your post with the idea that you needed to replace a computer.

8. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

Get a netbook ($250) or a cheap laptop ($300) and a touch ($280).

9. iperson21 thread starter macrumors regular

i even said im getting 32gb iPod Touch, Droid 2, 150 since my dad has a new every two and im on a family plan with my dad, so it doesn't even come down to that.

i dont pay for my phone. if i want something, i have to wait for my birthday or christmas and pay for half of it.
    i don't pay for my phone because my parents wanted me to have it.... even though i did ask them for it... and i know my dad doesn't want to pay for the data plan so is there a way i can make money? without working at mcdonalds or something? making money at home or something for high schoolers?

i know i could make a youtube channel or blog, but how much income would that pay me?

10. iperson21 thread starter macrumors regular

i doubt the droid 2 r2d2 would have any extra features, but it'll probly cost the same or even if it costs more, the resell value will probly be great if its in good condition.

11. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I'd recommend rereading my post again. You're focusing too much on what you want, and not what you've said you need.

The R2D2 edition Droid 2 is a gimmick, plain and simple. There are no extra features, simply "pretty graphics." Counting on a resale value years down the road is very silly.

As far as making money without a job, it's simply not possible. You asked about "making money for highschoolers." Sorry, but that usually means fast food. If you don't want to get a job, your best bet is to start mowing lawns, babysitting, etc.

Please, do yourself and your parents a favor and rethink your idea. You can get all the gadgets that you want, but if you still can't do what you need to do, how does that help anyone?