Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
I know, its a mac forum but you guys are much better than Yahoo answers :)

so basically my cheap-o phone is faulty so i am going to see if Verizon will let me upgrade to a new phone instead of replacing my crap one. I need a phone that will do well on the internet IE: Yahoo mail and answers. Facebook, Craigslist and Macrumors :) Basically the best web browsing phone.

I like the Tour much better but im not sure if its any good on the internet. I dont care as much which ones faster but i need one that can load pretty much every website.

The Droid scares me because it seems if i drop it the screen will crack. The Tour seems more durable also.

Thanks.

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
Go with the Droid, BB's blow trying to browse the web, unless you get the storm 2 but even then its not that great.

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
I put a Body Glove on my Droid to help protect it in a fall. It does make it a bit thicker, but the protection is worth it. With that said, if you want a Verizon phone that does well surfing the net I think you would be happy with the Droid. The Tour does not have very strong browsing capabilities compared to the Droid. I think for what you are going to use the phone for you would be much happier with the Droid.

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Thanks guys. I bought an HTC droid on saturday and you guys were right. THe BB was way to slow for internet usage. The Moto droid was amazing but too big so i got the perfect compromise :)

PolySciSurfer

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
California
How do you like the Droid Eris? I'm not really pleased with any of Verizons offerings right now, and I'm really thinking 2010 is going to be a good year for cell phones. I'm hoping for either an iPhone on Verizon, or a slimmed down Droid. Here's to 2010! I can't wait to get out of this God forsaken decade. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.