Droid X/ Iphone or Ipad 3G

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Strom1, May 5, 2011.

1. Strom1 macrumors regular

Strom1

Thats the question. I really don't need a data plan (it would be used so infrequently) & can't justify spending 30.00 more on my monthly cell bill just for the data.

I'm thinking the Ipad 3G may be the ticket. You get to use the data on a month to month basis and for 15.00 dollars you get 250mb, not too shabby.

Anyone here dump there data cell phone and use the Ipad 3G as there data substitute?

2. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I've never had a cell phone -- I don't make enough phone calls to justify the costs -- so my iPad is my first and only 3G data device. It's a bit more awkward than a phone -- for instance, the other day I was meeting a friend outside and wanted to text him to check his ETA. That would have been easier to do on a phone, since taking the iPad out of my bag in the middle of a street is a bit of a hassle, but it can be done, and I managed to connect with my friend and meet up with him. So it depends on how often you'll find yourself in that kind of a situation. For me it's only about once a week tops, and sometimes I go for months without having to do that, so iPad works fine for me. Otherwise, I love having internet everywhere I go with my iPad. It's great being able to check in to MacRumors or look up something in Wikipedia from wherever I happen to be instead of having to wait until I find a wifi hotspot or I get home.

4. OceanView macrumors 65816

250mb is really not much.
    I'd get the 2GB for $25 / mo