Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
Cool, I would have wanted one if it didn't have that Fatman logo on it.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
tube guitar/bass heads are... eargasm material. If only i had $4k on me to get a tube head to go with my Fender...

that tube dock looks nice. I'd love to see them glow when i play my music loud through them :p

Dunepilot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2002
UK
The logo wouldn't bother me - they're a well-respected manufacturer of hardware involved in music production, and they're a UK company, if I'm not mistaken.

One of my mates (who is also an avid MR reader) built his own speakers and tube amp while we were at university. Believe me, the playback of CDs sounded tremendous.

On the guitar front, I already have an all-valve (i.e. no electronics at all - not even a transformer as far as I understand it!!) Orange AD15 combo, and even an LPB 2ube pedal for added valve goodness. I'm wondering if maybe the LPB 2ube should be the first thing I sell to go towards the cost of a Fat Man. Hmm....

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
Dunepilot said:
On the guitar front, I already have an all-valve (i.e. no electronics at all - not even a transformer as far as I understand it!!) Orange AD15 combo

There is a transformer and plenty of caps. Trust me. That said, your Orange is an all-valve amp. I play through a little Marshall 18-watt. Heaven.

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
I read the title of the thread as: "Drooling over iLube"! :eek:
Silly me.

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
amiga said:
Some people have dirty minds but it sounds like a good product ;) Are you disappointed now?
I have the worlds dirtiest mind. Ever. I can turn anything into something sick. Don't ask me to though-its too rude for MR ;).

Dunepilot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2002
UK
If anyone in the UK wants to see one of these in action, you can buy them for £499 at John Lewis, including the £200 Tannoy speakers. Personally, I want to buy one for £269 from Amazon and then choose my own speakers, but I was really pleased to see that John Lewis stocks such an esoteric product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.