Drooling, thinking about the iPhone 6 possibilities

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jrswizzle, Jun 6, 2014.

1. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

-Retina+ 4.7" or 5.5" Display (2272x1280)
    -Quad Core A8 processor with M8 co-processor
    -2 GB RAM
    -TouchID
    -6.5-7mm thin
    -All-day battery life
    -13 MP iSight camera with True Tone flash
    -5 MP FaceTime HD Camera
    -Thinner bezels

All combined with iOS 8.....it's going to be a HUGE holiday quarter for Apple :D

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Id like the quad core, but do you think its something they will be adding this time around? I wouldnt doubt them making a dual core A8 with larger batteries and use the battery life as a major selling point.

3. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

I like your optimism.

I don't think you're getting half of that stuff but I do like your optimism.

4. jrswizzle thread starter macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Perhaps - though I think it makes sense at this juncture as they move to a smaller die for the processor AND a larger overall device.

----------

What about this is a dream?

The resolution is most certainly going up due to the larger displays - double the current resolution makes perfect sense and provides developers with an easy port.

2GB RAM is, in my mind, a lock based on the last 4 iPhone releases.

The camera is DUE. With all the Photo updates in iOS 8 and across iCloud and the Mac, it would make sense we see a bigger, better camera. Again - larger device makes it easier.

Quad core may or may not happen, but I think it will. Smaller die, larger device.

Based on everything we've heard, I think the least likely thing out of what I said was the super thin bezels. We might see an overall device that's a bit larger.....but since we know Apple is all about usability, my guess is they've shrunk the bezels down a bit and have reworked the internals.

I mean, doesn't it make sense, a Jony Ive video talking about how revolutionary the hardware is and that they've completely rethought everything they knew? Lol.

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Who's not dreaming? Bring on that quad core processor... And 8 gigs of ram :D

6. Imaginator, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014

Imaginator macrumors regular

I've had every iPhone since launch, but honestly, the Nexus 5 would fulfill that dream pretty easily, sans iOS.

That, and you're pretty pathetic for a human being for drooling over a non-existant phone.

7. jrswizzle, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014

jrswizzle thread starter macrumors 603

jrswizzle

8. kissnoob macrumors member

This would be great.

However, it seems Apple isn't interested in following megapixel-war. During the last 4 iPhone iterations, they reluctantly increased from 5 MP to 8 MP.

The best bet would be 10 MP.

9. 617aircav Suspended

10. I7guy macrumors G5

You are setting yourself up for a big letdown. :cool::apple:

11. cynics macrumors G3

I wouldn't be surprised if at the very least we see what could technically be called a 3 core processor like some of the competition has had (Tegra).

The "hey Siri" feature could be improved with the new iPhone if it did not required being plugged in. Use of a very low power processor could make that possible.

It's nice to dream about the possibilities but you end up setting yourself up for disappoint.

12. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

The spec expectations are pretty realistic. Throw a 128GB version in there too.S

13. seble macrumors 6502a

Sir I will buy you an iPhone if the new one will go through a whole 24 hours, of continuous use, proper 'smartphoning' (not in standby or listening to music) - I almost guarantee Apple's chief concern doesn't seem to be battery unfortunately

14. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

15. Camoxide macrumors regular

Not too sure on the quad core.

Apple's trend has just been to make the dual core bigger and better, essentially taking up the same amount of die space as a quad core so you get the same if not better performance out of the dual core.
    Making it quad core on the same amount of die space would half the performance of each individual core.

16. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Honestly, you might end up getting most of the things on this list. I feel like it's the right time for Apple to introduce battery life optimizations, sort of like what they've done on the Macbook Air. all day battery life would be incredible. Honestly I think that coupled with iOS 8 would win a lot of converts.

17. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

Retina+ 4.7" or 5.5" Display (2272x1280) - hopefully
    -Quad Core A8 processor with M8 co-processor - not likely
    -2 GB RAM - not likely
    -TouchID - probably
    -6.5-7mm thin - most probable - they never go thicker
    -All-day battery life - will be a dream come true
    -13 MP iSight camera with True Tone flash - about time
    -5 MP FaceTime HD Camera - slightly improved quality than 5S
    -Thinner bezels - a totally new design, perhaps?

18. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Can guarrante theses things.

Poor quality control happens every time.
    Poor battery happens every time
    Easily scratched happens every time
    Home button only, no back button
    Power button on top
    No notification light

19. mib1800 macrumors 68000

Home button replacement program is ensured.

20. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Quad-Core is unneeded. The iPhone doesn't need one because unlike Android, iOS is written specifically for this hardware, making infinitely better performance out of it. That's why Apple's able to get by with dual-core phones while makers have moved on to quad-core and even octo-core phones and get identical if not better real-world performance.

That said, I'd welcome a quad-core processor. It would be overkill though and nobody would REALLY make use of it's power until 2 or 3 years later. People STILL haven't made full use of the A7 chip, and that's with only 1GB of RAM on a Dual-Core phone, and some of the highest end iPhone apps that don't even push the A7 highly outclass their Android counterparts.

Instead, what I theorize is definitely the bump to 2GB of RAM, but probably dual-core for one more year. MAYBE quad-core, but I'm not going to put all my eggs in that basket. As far as screen size, I'm hoping for 4.7. I don't really want a 5.5, I already have an iPad mini.

Improved cameras and battery are a given.

What *I* really want is a side power button. I've gotten so used to it on my Moto X. Anytime I pick up an iPhone I keep forgetting "button on top". I think if we get a larger device that dream might come true...

21. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'd rather they concentrated on low power usage for the A8 than any dramatic performance gains. The A7, even the A6, still isn't fully utilised. Making it more powerful is almost pointless at the moment, as it's not the bottleneck for tasks.

An extra couple of hours of battery life would be much more welcome in my opinion!

22. bearwrestler macrumors regular

I would hope that Apple is going to meet some of these criteria. Google and Samsung and all the competitors are blowing Apple out of the water in terms of device/gadget turnout. Apple needs to step up their game, and I hope that they do. I'm a loyal Apple consumer, but when I have my upgrade, I'm leaning towards the Galaxy S5, or the new Amazon 3d phone, if that turns out to be cool.

23. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Even if it has all of those things I'll be doing the same tasks