Drop box headache

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sapphire08, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Sapphire08 macrumors member

Sapphire08

Can anyone help me please??

We have two imacs in the same building and to share files we use the drop box on my imac - now for some reason some Pages '09 files that we are both using seem to be causing us problems.
    I save the file to my drop box, set its sharing permissions to me and her to both read/write and all is ok.
    We can both look at the file and I can save it but then when she saves it - I open it but I can't then save it "you do not have permission - check file sharing permission using get info".
    I open the file sharing and it has removed my name and only has hers. I edit that to show us both and save it. She opens it and then she can't save it - it drives me round the bend and its the same for mulitple pages files???

Can anyone tell me why once I set the permision and lock them with the padlock that her machine can change them and remove me???:confused:

Is there something to be set to allow us both to read and write to the same file without this constant problem please??? :confused:

2. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

3. Sapphire08 thread starter macrumors member

Sapphire08

Thanks for the reply but that seems to be a separate app/thing to download - which I dont know anything about - I'm talking about the shared drop box that shows in the public folder in finder - that comes with Mac OSX?

4. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

right. little senior moment on my part :(

disregard my initial post ...