Drop down menu doesn't show in browser created in Dreamweaver MX

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by knumme13, Feb 12, 2009.

1. knumme13 macrumors newbie

I created a drop down menu for a website in Dreamweaver MX on my G-5 mac. It appears when I view in browser on my computer. But, when I upload file to site it does not appear. I've tried it in all browsers. Please help I have spent hours trying to solve this problem.
    Thanks in advance.
    knumme13

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Sounds like you may have missed some files when uploading. Another possibility is that the paths are being treated differently on the server. If you post a link we could troubleshoot much quicker.

3. knumme13 thread starter macrumors newbie

link you requested

http://www.paradigmwhitetest7.htm

I still have to create the images for the nav bar to work and I have done the links yet. I'm just trying to get sub menu to show up.
    thank you for your help

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

5. knumme13 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

OK, the issue is that it can't find the file: mm_menu.js. It's looking for it in the same folder as the HTML file. You either haven't uploaded that JavaScript file, or it's in a different location.

7. knumme13 thread starter macrumors newbie

javascript file mm_menu.js

I made the menu in dreamweaver. so the mm_menu.js is made in dreamweaver when I create the html. I don't see it as a separate file to be uploaded.When you make the drop down in dreamweaver-dreamweaver creates the code in the file.

8. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

DW puts your implementation of the menu in your HTML file, but that code relies on the functions that exist in the mm_menu.js file. You can see thread for someone having the same problem as you. That file is the key to the issue. On your link I can specifically see where it attempts to call it and that it returns a file not found error. There's one extra tip in that link about in DW to make sure it's set for 'Include Dependent Files = Yes.'

9. knumme13 thread starter macrumors newbie

uploading with fetch

the problem maybe that I'm uploading my html file paradigmwhitetest7.htm with fetch. I'm reading others who have the same problem.

Where can I find the mm_menu.js file to upload? For some reason I've had so many problems uploading from dreamweaver.
    thank you

10. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I don't have DW so can't tell you where the file is at. I would think it would save it to the same folder as your HTML file, but that's just guessing. If you continue not to be able to locate it (also try a Spotlight search) then check out this page where someone has uploaded the JS file.