Drop-down panel interface element - suggestions?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by sharifi14, May 14, 2009.

1. sharifi14 macrumors member

Hi all,

I'm a newbie at coding, so please be patient with me. I'm having a lot of trouble with a drop down panel user interface element.

This is my Test site so far:

www.ucs.co.uk/test

I hope this example makes it clear what I am trying to achieve. The blue bar will contain about 5 main categories, and when a main category is mouse-overed or pressed, the drop down panel will show the sub-categories.

Currently I am using jkpanel, but it seems optimised for only one panel per page. I will require about 5 different panels.

Does anyone know of any alternatives that I can use that will provide the same functionality but will easily allow for more than one panel per page. Or, a solution to have more than one panel per page. Many thanks,

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Kind of looks like you're going for an accordion menu. Here's a few of those to check out. If that's not quite what you're after just elaborate what needs to be different.

3. sharifi14 thread starter macrumors member

Many thanks for the feedback angelwatt. An accordion menu isn't really what I'm going for here. This is what I want to achieve:

If you can imagine, that long blue bar will contain about 5 Main Categories (i.e. Products, Markets, Support, About, Search). When I mouseover/click on the Main Category 'Products', the drop down panel 'sub-menu' will be revealed, displaying a range of my products. When I mouseout of the drop down panel sub-menu, the panel will hide away underneath the blue bar.

I hope this makes sense - I apologise that I haven't gotten far enough to effectively illustrate this. I appreciate your help anyway. Many thanks and kind regards,