Drop macbook pro at genius bar

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by paichana, Jan 6, 2013.

1. paichana macrumors newbie

The people at genius bar at first told me that i can wait. But then they told me they have to sent my mbp to get fix no more than ten business day ( 23rd dec 2012 ) thr status repair status says on the third day (first time i check) the status shows "repair complete" till now does this mean its done? But genius told me they will give ma a call when its done.

2. Hetalia macrumors member

Hetalia

I would think "Repair complete" would mean it's finished. Maybe they will call you Monday since it's the weekend. I'm sure they will get it ready to be shipped back to you soon.

3. kage207 macrumors 6502a

They will call you as soon as they are informed about it being completed. If it says it was completed today, they will inform you tomorrow because there is what is called a Genius Admin who makes those calls, they usually leave earlier than other geniuses as they don't really do repair work but make sure repairs run smoothly and track them. If it was completed today, they would also need to wait until the computer is sent back to them (assuming it was sent to the repair center). So I'd wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to get that call.

4. paichana thread starter macrumors newbie

The status repair complete for 5 days now. Im not in a hurry or anything: ) just concerning

5. kage207 macrumors 6502a

It's most likely getting shipped back and they are not in a hurry cause of the time they quoted you. You'll most likely get it back tomorrow or Tuesday then. Apple receives shipments every day but Sunday.

6. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Ok maybe I missed something ,,,, what's the question :confused:

7. paichana thread starter macrumors newbie

So it is ready to pick. Up?

8. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Call and ask.

9. paichana, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013

paichana thread starter macrumors newbie

10. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Let me check on that................................. Yes , yes it's ready to be picked up

11. Brian Y macrumors 68040

If it's been sent to depot, it will show "repair complete" as soon as the depot has repaired it. After that, it'll go through an inspection, then it will be shipped back to the store, and then it'll be ready to pick up :).