drop protection switcheasy colors or speck pixelskin

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by newtomac1032, Jul 4, 2009.

1. newtomac1032 macrumors member

In case of a drop or fall which offers best drop protection? opinion needed I was leaning toward the otterbox but have many reservations mainly due to my disability. If I fall I tend to fall on carpet or maybe the bathroom floor. Also I intend to keep it in a zippered padded pouch attached to my walker.

2. astudentis macrumors regular

I think your best option is to go with the otterbox for the best protection possible, but maybe you are hesitant because it required more effort to put on? Other than that, I think Incase slider would also offer good protection, but personally I dont like the concept of sliding my phone against the hard plastic case. SwitchEasy rebel is also nice in terms of protection, but again that might not be for everyone consider the vibrant design of the case.

I think iSkin solo is a nice case, when comparing with the SE colours or S Pixelskin. But if it was between the only two you have talked about in the title of your post, I would say pixleskin would be better, just because it has the most padding (though it is not protecting the screen cracking... only otterbox will do that, that I am aware of, unless I guess you go with some leather cases (i.e. vaja) with a flap on it)

3. beni32 macrumors newbie

You might want to look at the Speck Candyshell. Less bulky than the Otterbox but has great drop protection. See this thread for link to YouTube drop tests.

4. newtomac1032 thread starter macrumors member

IA I think the otterbox is probably my best option however my biggest concern with the otter box is that so many layers of protection may make things like the power switch and volume more difficult to use, I dont have the ability to use a lot of pressure. hense the reason the Iphone was recommended to begin with. My other big concern is that due to the layers of protection I would not be able to hear the ringer I've seen complaints that it really lowers the volume. If i could get those fears put to rest I'd do the ottherbox in a second

5. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Those videos are fake. The guy used an already broken iPhone to do those tests. So it doesn't count.