Drop test not good

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ABC5S, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Wait, so you're saying if you drop something on the ground it might ruin it? Wow, thanks for bringing this to light.

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Lol this. Do people really think a fragile piece of electronics is not supposed to break when dropped 5 feet?

4. msegina613 macrumors member

I love the look and style of IPhones, but I always wrap them in a otterbox defender. Its a $649 or more device that i carry around basically all the time.

Style means nothing if its broken. Sure it adds bulk, but if it does a half gainer to the floor all i have to do is pick it back up!

When i saw that the front glass was curved to the bezel i figured the 6 was doing to be more prone to shattering.

5. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Thank you for your advice. Each day I wake up I will pray that I won't drop the Holy iphone

6. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Oh damn - glass breaks sometimes when it's dropped?? Things get bent/scratched when dropped??? HOT DAMN! Where have I been all these years!?!?!?!

Just stop. The same thing, every year. If you're that worried, go get a plastic android phone. Let those of us that know how to hold stuff get an iPhone. I've dropped my 5S 4 times. A minor scuff/dent here and there. Never, ever cracked a screen on any of my phones. Stuff happens. Get over it.

These drop tests are BS. It's like testing to see how wet water is. :rolleyes:

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Thanks for all the helpful sarcastic remarks.

An another note, I'm glad to know that it may be more important for me to consider Applecare+ and/or a case. I've always gone naked and rarely buy Applecare. I now know that I'll be buying both for my gf who currently carries a Galaxy S III with a cracked screen.

8. drogba macrumors member

Kind of a no-brainer but that being said, this was mighty entertaining to watch. Enjoyed seeing peoples reactions and the drop tests in the other videos. Dem shards in slowmo. I've dropped my iPhones plenty of times and been very lucky to never have any crack anywhere.

9. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

10. cammyg123 macrumors regular

cammyg123

Wow, glass and metal can break/crack when dropped. This is revolutionary stuff.

But hey thanks for sharing, but 99.99% of iPhone users are aware that the phone cant break if it is dropped.

Here's a tip I learned: Be careful and don't drop the phone, and you'll have no problems!

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Ditto, I found my iPhone 5 and 5s to be VERY strong. The 4 seemed to be more prone to breaking, but I was lucky not to have any breaks there as well.

I'd like to add that posts that provide no value to the thread are against forum rules. We've had enough sarcastic remarks.

12. ABC5S thread starter Suspended

ABC5S

If some of you would get your head out of your &8^$%, you might want to know this was just a heads up on the new phones screen that some thought it would be stronger than the last model, but I guess you children just want to bad mouth this information. Some posts in the past have touched on those that would not ever go with a case, and thought this might change their opinions on this. Goodness, God help use with immature people on this forum :p.

Pictures and age of those that post on this forum might be a welcome addition to see how mature or immature those that post dribble.

13. itjw macrumors 65816

Enough sarcastic remarks? Now I've heard everything!!! You need an award for being champion of the forum! ;-)

It's the same thing EVERY year. "Last generation was so strong blah blah blah... This generation breaks too easy, bends spontaneously, is made too brittle, has defective anodizing, etc.".

It's nice to see someone remember the fragility of the 4 rather than thinking it was a tank. It wasn't, the 5 isn't, and the 6 won't be either.

I've seen all generations dropped and broken

Just buy AC+, go naked, and enjoy the freaking phone!

14. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Where are the Rolex drop tests? LCD TV drop tests?

Put a damn case on it people.