iPhone X Drop tests are coming out already

ckurt25

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Grand Rapids, MI
LOL - "Try not to drop in near the screen...." Yeah, that's a great idea.

Nice that the XS and XS Max survived the 6' test. I'm still going to put a case on my Max.

Waterman316

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2018
LOL - "Try not to drop in near the screen...." Yeah, that's a great idea.

Nice that the XS and XS Max survived the 6' test. I'm still going to put a case on my Max.
Same here. At least while I’m at work. Really does kill me to put a case on phones though because it feels like it takes away from the phone

DDustiNN

macrumors 68010
Jan 27, 2011
Damn I’m pretty impressed the XS didn’t break at all. I suspected the Max would just because the glass surface area is larger.

ckurt25

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Grand Rapids, MI
Same here. At least while I’m at work. Really does kill me to put a case on phones though because it feels like it takes away from the phone
Agreed. Another reason I use a case is the ones I use have kickstands that support both vertical and horizontal orientations. I'm getting a Silver Max with a clear case.

jk1211

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2018
I almost choked on my food. For real? Do we know what the deductible is if you have insurance? I thought it was insane when I was told my Note 8 would've cost $300 to repair if not for my insurance ($29 deductible)
The deductible is the same with Applecre+ as before; $29 screen $99 back glass. WELL worth it considering they didnt raise the price which is surprising.

The back glass is actually $599, the screen is $329 (still ridiculous)

And really these "tests" don't prove a whole lot. There is no situation where you should be dropping your phone from 6 feet off the ground. I mean really, how many times have you ever heard of a phone dropped up to one's ear; Ive never heard of that but maybe rare at best. I would say MOST falls are waist height or below; sitting, off a table, from your pocket. Which it seems these newer phones can handle.

x-evil-x

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2008
The deductible is the same with Applecre+ as before; $29 screen $99 back glass. WELL worth it considering they didnt raise the price which is surprising.

The back glass is actually $599, the screen is $329 (still ridiculous)

And really these "tests" don't prove a whole lot. There is no situation where you should be dropping your phone from 6 feet off the ground. I mean really, how many times have you ever heard of a phone dropped up to one's ear; Ive never heard of that but maybe rare at best. I would say MOST falls are waist height or below; sitting, off a table, from your pocket. Which it seems these newer phones can handle.
what happens if the back and the front need to be replaced? haha

Waterman316

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2018
what happens if the back and the front need to be replaced? haha
I would think it would just be the higher price? Pretty sure when the back broke on the 8/8+/X they didn’t replace it, they just swapped the whole phone out.

x-evil-x

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2008
I would think it would just be the higher price? Pretty sure when the back broke on the 8/8+/X they didn’t replace it, they just swapped the whole phone out.
too bad I was really hoping for apple to expect people to cough up 930$...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.