Drop Zone - amazing drag and drop app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by karohan, Dec 6, 2010.

1. karohan macrumors 6502

I just wanted to share a little app that I found that is absolutely amazing: Drop Zone. Here's the link:
    http://aptonic.com/
    It's been a great timesaver and even though its relatively young in its development, I find it helping me out a bunch already. So much so that I actually bought it, and I never usually buy these little $15 utilities. It all started when I was looking for a quick way to upload images to imageshack and create tinyurls (something I could do in an application launcher called Gnome Do in Linux). The current application launchers in OS X are either too slow (Quicksilver), can't do it (Alfred), or cost a lot of money/I don't even really the feel (Launchbar). This program does both and more conveniently than Gnome-Do did.
    It also has Zip & Email to send a lot of files via email quickly, as well "zones" to quickly upload files to servers and other websites like github.
    I figured sharing this app I found would hopefully increase interest in this product and help out the developer because that can only lead to a better product for the users of this app.

2. Valdemar macrumors newbie

This looks interesting.

I use Overflow which seems to be similar, though there are some functions that Drop Zone has that Overflow doesn't. It looks as if Overflow does a better job of organizing items, however:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/14815/overflow

3. karohan thread starter macrumors 6502

That seems pretty cool, but I think I use Drop Zone more for actions like the upload to Imageshack, making TinyUrls, or Zip and Emailing as opposed to organizing quick access to folders and like. Does Overflow have those features? I didn't see any in the description for it.