Dropbox 2.0 / PowerPC

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by eyoungren, Mar 12, 2013.

1. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

We are still relevant to Dropbox. 2.0 released today and it's running on my Leopard Mac. Apparently we don't get the new fancy menu, but it is running.

Supposedly they also updated the iPhone app. I haven't seen it, but I had a slew of updates yesterday so maybe I missed it. Anyway, good to see Dropbox is still supporting us.

2. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

I personally don't use Dropbox, but as you said - it's nice to see at least a couple of 'big' developers sticking by.

3. ResPublica macrumors regular

ResPublica

I use it all the time and I'm happy to see they still support us (although they don't add new functionality, but that doesn't bother me).

4. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

5. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, that's already happened with Sugarsync. They dropped support a couple of years ago. They still have a download link for PowerPC users to use an older version of their app but that's it.

6. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

Hmm, that article is from the 24th?

7. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, the first article I linked to I saw today. The blog you are linking to is for SpiderOak and the mention I made in response to your post about SpiderOak is for SugarSync.

SugarSync, is another syncing service like Dropbox.

8. PowerPCMacMan macrumors 6502a

PowerPCMacMan

Everyone, cheer up!

Don't take it to heart that some developers won't support us. Dropbox still supports us and I am assuming this will be the case for a long time to come, until there are no more PPC Macs on the planet - We are talking 20-possibly 30 years from now.

But for the immediate future, and the now.. Dropbox is supporting us.. I am thankful to them for supporting our platform. If only I was a programmer and developer myself. I suck at programming.. I would develop PPC apps for everyone, but alas! I am not. I am just a 19 year old Apple boy who loves all things Apple.

Anyway, lets not cry over spilt milk. Its not the end of the world. Just today, Nathan over at Roccat told me so long as the donations from the PowerPC community keep coming in he shall continue to support our platform WITH A VENGEANCE.

I have already given him 20.00 US dollars.. I suggest we all in the PPC community do the same so that our platform will remain ALIVE.

The PowerPC has NOT said its last word!

PPCMM
    :apple: