Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
What's up with Dropbox? Clicking on the Menu bar icon always shows 3 pictures I didn't upload, ie., are not in my Dropbox folder. :confused:

mpantone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
You were probably hacked as my Dropbox account looks normal (i.e., my stuff only).

Please report to Dropbox technical support and work with them to secure your account.

Good luck.

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
You were probably hacked as my Dropbox account looks normal (i.e., my stuff only).

Please report to Dropbox technical support and work with them to secure your account.

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply.
I cannot see any link on the web site to file a report.
I did manage to delete the files, all in a folder I know I didn't upload.
If you have a mail address or link, please post it here.
Thanks.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
My Dropbox folder includes a sample Album of 3 photos; Boston City Flow, Pensive Parakeet and Costa Rican frog. They were courtesy of Dropbox as examples.

Are they the same as yours?

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
My Dropbox folder includes a sample Album of 3 photos; Boston City Flow, Pensive Parakeet and Costa Rican frog. They were courtesy of Dropbox as examples.

Are they the same as yours?
Sorry, can't remember the names exactly, but I don't think they were the same.
All of that stuff, only 3 appeared in the menu bar pull-down, was in a folder with a name like "Domainsite.2" or such. It contained about 12-15 files.
May have been samples, I don't know, but the whole idea of Dropbox is to have "your own cloud-based folder" on the Dropbox server. I do not appreciate having "samples" inserted without my permission or knowledge.
Still can't find a way to provide feedback to Dropbox on this, very frustrating.:(

tuthill

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
Sorry, can't remember the names exactly, but I don't think they were the same.
All of that stuff, only 3 appeared in the menu bar pull-down, was in a folder with a name like "Domainsite.2" or such. It contained about 12-15 files.
May have been samples, I don't know, but the whole idea of Dropbox is to have "your own cloud-based folder" on the Dropbox server. I do not appreciate having "samples" inserted without my permission or knowledge.
Still can't find a way to provide feedback to Dropbox on this, very frustrating.:(

If you are using the web interface simply click on "Help" at the lower left side of the screen then scroll down to the bottom of the Help page and look for the "Contact Us" item under the "Support" heading.

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
If you are using the web interface simply click on "Help" at the lower left side of the screen then scroll down to the bottom of the Help page and look for the "Contact Us" item under the "Support" heading.
Thanks. I used that to give Dropbox some feedback and my thoughts on how inappropriate that was if indeed it was unsolicited samples.
No reply/answer yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.