Dropbox and Safari and FireFox 3.6.28 issues

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Cox Orange, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

Hi,

I used Safari (under 10.4) for Dropbox access, because there I was able to point the tracker on the folder an hit ctrl. and I was offered the link.

Now when I try to log in, the fileds are ok, but the "log in"-button itself is "faded" (like instead of dark blue, it's very light blue).

Same in FireFox 3.6.28. (where I can't use "hit ctrl get link" anyway).

TenFourFox 24.7. works for logging in, but here I can't hit ctrl. to get the link.

Do others have these experiences with Safari, too?
    I notice things not working with Safari incease more and more. (mostly like not displaying a page correctly: e.g. on german EBay I only get the article description, if I load the page twice. On US EBay, the description is loaded with the first attempt).

I use Safari, when I have to do something quick. If I have to do something that requires security I wait till TenFourFox is loaded/opened and use that.

2. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

Does no one use Dropbox in combination with Safari under 10.4.11?

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I would try this for you but I have no Macs running Tiger.

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Are you on about the Dropbox app or the website? I use the Dropbox app in Tiger with no issues.

5. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

I am refering to the website, where you can create a link or make a folder available to others. I have version 2.10.30 of the Dropbox-app installed and there is no option in the app where I can create a link or something, as far as I can see. I just use the app for uploading or pausing up-/downloads. I have the free 2GB account. Maybe the option comes with an upgrade?

Thank you, though!

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I am pretty sure that there should be an option to make a link in the Finder unless you did not authorize Dropbox Finder integration. Perhaps try to reinstall Dropbox!

7. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

8. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Did this work?

9. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

No, it was integrated in the Finder before, reinstallation did not add Finder-features.

10. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

There is no link option inside of the Finder?

11. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

Oh, Atemose, you inspired me to try something different! I found it. Thanks for asking again!

Here is what I found:
    1. I thought you meant the Finder Tool-bar, there is nothing about "Link".
    2. After you asked again, I thought that it might be elsewhere in the Finder. I opened a window and pointed on a folder within the dropbox-folder and pressed ctrl and there it was. (even in German, you can see, where it says "link".

Thank you so much!

Here are the pictures of 1. (my wrong interpretation, with no mention of "Link") and 2. with the create link per pressing ctrl.

Attached Files:

12. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Glad that you found it!