Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
I am trying to move all of the files from a Dropbox for Business account to OneDrive For Business (since the storage will be "free" with our MS Office 365 account). We only have 4 users and 45 GB of files. MS tech support tried to have me drag and drop all the contents, which showed all kinds of errors so I cut my loss on the phone call and reversed course back to Dropbox. I'm not overly concerned about keeping permissions as I could do that manually again since we have so few people and such a small amount of data at this time, but it would be a plus.

A Google search shows multiple third party solutions for transfer, but I've never heard of any of them.

Is anyone familiar with this process and could recommend the best way to move my files?

Thank you.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Perhaps not the fastest but could you drag/drop the dropbox folders to your local drive?

then once its there, move them onto OneDrive

Reactions: darkcompass

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion @maflynn . I think I'll go about it that way. I'll have rename the some of the files with special characters and redo the permissions, but it should be manageable with the limited users and relatively small amount of data.

It will be a little bit of a PITA/time consuming due to the need to rename some of the files to eliminate special characters Microsoft will not allow, but does have the advantage of allowing me to clean house a bit and reorganize the files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.