Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Wow this app is neat, really acts like MobileMe and the best part it's FREE!
Now I deleted my Air Sharing and no more MobileMe trial, I've been waiting for something like this one too!

Xibalba

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2009
Indiana, USA
Yep, nice app indeed. So far I like it, I just wish it was password protected.

i agree - mint.com created a brief password entry for their app and it is very quick and allows for easy entry. i would love for dropbox and other programs that manage sensitive data to do the same.

ashwin911

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2009
Has anyone tried to stream a movie from your dropbox? I tried streaming an mp3 and it works. I havn't got time to convert a movie to mp4 yet

penyekz

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2009
Its 2GB free and if you complete 5 steps of taking tour, share folder, upload files, install dropbox in your other computers, you get another 250mb.

You can refer a friend and each of you get 250mb up to a max of 3GB.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Is there any offline abilities? I was disappointed that recent files weren't cached.

organerito

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2008
I love it too. I have a lot of my doc, xl and pdf documents in my dropbox folder. I sync the same dropbox folder with documents to go. Whenever I make a change on my iphone, it syncs my local files and dropbox online.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Yes:

From memory: You tag files as favourites and it downloads it to the iPhone and keeps them there for offline viewing.

Thank you. I have a small selection of files that I need to view offline today and do not consider them to be favorites. I'll humor the developer and pretend they're favorites in order to read them offline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.