Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I've read all the stuff about Dropbox and have the apps on both my iMac and my iPad. Now how do I get it to work?

Example:

I have a paper written on my iPad in Pages it is about 1500 words long and I want to work on it on my iMac. How do I get it from Pages on my iPad to Pages on my iMac? I can find no instructions on how to do this.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I've posted this also on iPad Apps but added it here in the hopes of getting a faster response. There is not that many people on iPhone Apps forum.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
There are several ways to pass Pages documents between the iPad and an iMac.

1. Easiest -- go to dropdav.com and make an account. You can then download and upload files from the iPad to Dropbox, which then automatically syncs to your iMac.

2. You can email the document to yourself.

3. You can upload your document to iWork.com. Just pick iWork.com from the "send to" menu and it will prompt you to create an account if you don't already have one. Once you have an iWork.com account, you can access it from both the iMac and the iPad.

4. If you have a Me account, you can download/upload from iDisk.

MrWillie

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2010
Starlite Starbrite Trailer Court
There are several ways to pass Pages documents between the iPad and an iMac.

1. Easiest -- go to dropdav.com and make an account. You can then download and upload files from the iPad to Dropbox, which then automatically syncs to your iMac.

2. You can email the document to yourself.

3. You can upload your document to iWork.com. Just pick iWork.com from the "send to" menu and it will prompt you to create an account if you don't already have one. Once you have an iWork.com account, you can access it from both the iMac and the iPad.

4. If you have a Me account, you can download/upload from iDisk.

I have been using Drop Box since way before iPad came out. I put the DB app on the iPad the day I got it and never gave it any thought on how to get file FROM Numbers to DB (Numbers doesn't cell merge:mad:). I tried suggestion #1, works excellent. Thanks. (I am going to TRY using tables).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.