Dropbox: iphone has paused camera upload

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by LayneeMarko, May 9, 2014.

1. LayneeMarko macrumors newbie

Hi folx..

Even tho i enabled location services on iphone for dropbox, iphone is constantly pausing my background cam upload..
    I know that ios has severe restrictions for bacground apps, but is there workaround?

Thanks in advance!

2. cynics macrumors G3

Settings > General > Background App refresh > Dropbox ON

3. LayneeMarko thread starter macrumors newbie

4. cynics macrumors G3

Interesting. I throughly tested this before and it worked great.

Here is how I have mine set and I just uploaded 65 photos and watched the notifications count down on the app while it was in the background and I was looking at the home screen.

In PHONE settings, background app refresh for dropbox turned on.

In DROPBOX settings, Camera upload on, but Background Uploading OFF.

So once I start the app it starts uploading my camera roll. If I put the app in the background it continues to upload my camera roll (this is where I can watch the red notifications count down from the home screen).

If I close the app entirely it stops.

BTW this is ALL done on Wifi. I have Use cellular data in dropbox settings turned OFF. However I'd expect the same behavior on cellular if I had cellular turned on but I never tested that.

If that isn't working for you I'd first try reseting the phone (power + home buttons until you see the Apple logo). Then maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling dropbox.

5. LayneeMarko thread starter macrumors newbie

Ill try it with setting background uploading to off in dropbox settings ., thanks mate!