Dropbox issues in the new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kpmainali, Mar 31, 2012.

1. kpmainali macrumors newbie

I have thousands of articles in my Dropbox and I read them from different devices including my new iPad (my Dropbox has been installed in multiple devices). Dropbox on my iPad does not automatically download files in my account. Instead, I need to download one at a time. Is there a way to download the my entire Dropbox to iPad? Or, download multiple files at a time? Can you make this Dropbox full functional like that of a laptop so that you do not have to push the star to make a file available for offline reading, and the edits you do on a file are instantly downloaded to other devices? Thanks in advance.

2. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Sadly apple doesn't allow what you're asking. I sure wish they did. Android dropbox app can though.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

I, too, use Dropbox and enjoy the same benefits that you do and hate that it will not allow it to download the files. In fact Apple will not allow any file system other than it's own.

The iPad would be of much greater us to me if Apple allowed this.

4. waynep macrumors 6502

I just got Goodreader. I've been doing some testing learning how to use it. It appears you can select folders to synchronize with Dropbox in addition to single files.

5. Sir David macrumors newbie

I use Dropbox, too. It is a very useful service to sync files between your Mac, iPhone and iPad but I'm still missing some very important file management features. E.g. I need a opportunity to rename files on my iPad or iPhone. It's really inconvenient to use a different app (Goodreader) only for that feature.

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

That's not an issue with the iPad that is an issue iOS and the Dropbox implementation on it.

7. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

8. kpmainali thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Could you add on your initial experience with Goodreader? Specifically, Can you synchronize a folder, perhaps a folder that has multiple folders? If you edit a pdf file, is the edited version instantly uploaded to your dropbox online account? How do the edits you make with Goodreader in iPad look on Adobe Reader on a PC?

----------

Thank you everybody.

9. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

The nature of my workflow is such that I tend to take a huge volume of notes. Always seeking to refine the process, I have implemented a few solutions.

To address the OP's situation I use GoodReader.

I find Simplenote combined with Notesy for my iPhone, a fast, terrific approach. I upgraded from the free version to an annual Simplenote Premium account ($19.95 yr.) which syncs with my Dropbox account.

The next step is to install Notational Velocity note taking app on my Macs, since it's a great desktop client that seamlessly interfaces with Simplenote.

One distinct advantage over my Evernote account is Simplenotes speed, simple and streamlined UI, as well as being less distracting. Less is more in some cases, and this is one of them.

Finally, over the last few months I've been testing Catch notes. With a plethora of solutions at hand, it really is about each individuals work flow.

10. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

For $5 a month, I can do it manually with GoodReader (which is a great app BTW)!

11. kpmainali thread starter macrumors newbie

GoodReader and PDF Expert users: When you edit a pdf page in your dropbox, does the edited file automatically sync to your dropbox? Do the comments or edits you make with GoodReader or PDF Expert look all fine in Adobe Reader? THANKS.

12. Old Smuggler macrumors 6502a

Old Smuggler

i had the same problem dont remember how i fixed