Dropbox -> (Mobile) iWork

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by FatMax, Jun 2, 2011.

1. FatMax macrumors 6502

FatMax

I have heard about DropDAV. This is not related to that.

As for the most of us using Dropbox, editing documents with iWork is a pain because of manually transferring files back. Does anyone know of a method (for those of us that have iDisk) or AppleScript that can "scan" the content of two folders and then take make the newest file in one of the folders overwrite the other? I'm trying to make sure that iDisk too has a copy of a folder that is in Dropbox, so that I in fact CAN use iWork on the go. Anyone?

2. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I'm not sure I understand the issue. Dropbox syncs the file and you can specify its location. What are you trying to accomplish with a differential folder compare (should be easy to make in Automator).

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Since apple does not include a filesystem in IOS, each developer has to create their own filesystem to deal with document creation/editing.

In apple's case they have one in place, iDisk and its highly unlikely they'll provide the means to allow iWork to use dropbox

4. FatMax thread starter macrumors 6502

FatMax

Yeah, I know that. Thats why I want one folder that stays the same on iDisk AND Dropbox. Then I can download/upload documents from iDisk, and it gets synced to my Dropbox that I have installed on 3 machines. iDisk is a pain to work with, but thats the only thing iWork in iOS supports.