Dropbox q

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Skepticalatbest, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Skepticalatbest macrumors newbie

So I have 5.5 GB on Dropbox but my Aire shows I am using 7.87 GB on my hard drive. What is that discrepancy because it is the same set of folders as on Dropbox web site. I check it on the mac by right clicking dropbox in finder and viewing Get Info? What gives? clarification: using 4.3 of 5.5 on actual web site but showing 7.87 on Mac drive. I uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox and it now reads 8.51 GB on my hard drive while still using just 4.3 of 5.5 on the website.

2. drewsof07, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015

drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

If you have unsupported file types or files over the maximum allowed upload size, they will sit in your sync folder and never be uploaded.

3. Skepticalatbest thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your quick reply. Would you have example of unsupported file type. I am primarily .doc, .pdf, .avi, .jpg, .xls, and thats about it. Also, I have uploaded as large as 2.45GB. Did not know there was a size limit. thanks again.

4. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/145

It looks like there is not a maximum file size. I believe there used to be a cap, at least for free accounts.