Dropbox question

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Ollifi, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Ollifi macrumors regular

If I use Dropbox Camera Upload on iPhone, and then "share link" to some image. And then I give link to a friend. So can the friend see the location of image shooting place? I mean are location data transmitted to Dropbox and shared images there.

--
    Sent from my iPhone

2. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

If your image has GPS metadata, then i dont see why it shouldnt have been transferred correctly. Does your image have that?

4. Ollifi thread starter macrumors regular

I

----------

I have camera turned on in "Location Services" at iPhone settings. But I want that the pic shoot location saves to my pictures, but I want the location to remove if I share the picture, for privacy reasons. Is that possible?

And is there app for windows which I could use to check if picture has location data.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

What you are referring to here is what is called EXIF data that shows the location a photo was taken.

Some photo sharing web sites automatically strip out the EXIF data for the privacy reasons you mentioned. I know the photo sharing site Imgur strips it out. From a quick search of the Dropbox support forums, it does not appear Dropbox strips out the EXIF data like you want.

Here is an article showing some methods to view or remove the EXIF data from a photo.

6. vilatore macrumors newbie

You can share content but not as GPS location, you can share photos, video, files, in saying all that is contained