Dropbox right click solution in Yosemite

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Diwad, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Diwad macrumors newbie

Hello Guys.

I just installed DP version of 10.10 and it runs acceptable. It has lots of graphical glitches and lags, but except for that it could be my daily driver.

Only one thing is not working for me, which is very useful for me - right click menu for dropbox. It is simply not displayed. I mean options like "copy public link" in Dropbox folder.

If you find a solution please post it here.

Thanks in advance,
    David.

2. m4v3r1ck, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014

m4v3r1ck macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

Version 2.8.3 still no right click in Finder

Same here, even after installing latest version 2.8.3. The folder icon of Public is still the Mavericks one. When I right-click on a file in Public, Finder crashes. Needs to be ironed out!

~ Cheers

Attached Files:

3. Diwad thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone found some solution? Maybe with DP2? It is the only thing keeping me from using Yosemite as my daily driver.

Thanks

4. TheBuffather macrumors 6502

TheBuffather

Nope, still broken in DP2.

5. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

Chances are Dropbox will have to update their stuff before it will work. Have you reported the issue to them?

6. Diwad thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I just read a post on their forums about it. It may take a while.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

8. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

Those menus seem to break every new OS release. Fortunately, with the new FinderSync API, hopefully this sort of functionality will be more stable in the future.

9. secretwingsj macrumors newbie

Any update on this?

I'm hoping that Dropbox might have done something about this by now, but haven't found anything yet...

10. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

You can log in to DropBox to get the link to share file. Not elegant but it works.

11. n1tut macrumors regular

n1tut

I have been running Beta 1 and just upgraded to Beta 2 on a USB stick, however right click is not now working in any application.

Anybody else or am I on my own?

tut

12. cmm macrumors 6502a

Their email support is slow and useless. I wish dhouston would respond to this issue.

I emailed them during DP1, took 7 days for a worthless reply. Went back in forth for several weeks, with the tech finally telling me to repair permissions, which he said would fix it, I told him that was asinine and then finally said (another five days) the engineering team was working on it.

Can't wait to dump dropbox and it's overpriced pro plan. The only reason I picked dropbox over all others, and for months, it has been absolutely worthless to me. Going on their website is not a solution.

13. c0LdFire macrumors regular

You're seriously bitching that they don't have support for an operating system that isn't even released yet?

And their Pro plan is $10 for 1TB. That's only "overpriced" compared to One Drive, and I'd rather not use Microsoft's buggy app. It's a great deal.

14. cmm macrumors 6502a

15. Music-Mac-Aus, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

Music-Mac-Aus macrumors newbie

Well dropbox might value getting this service ready before the official launch... i gather when Yosemite rolls out to everyone publicly, :apple: iCloud Drive is going to be fully integrated (including the right click option) so if dropbox don't get their act together they'll find a large amount of users jumping ship because they are not ready.

My solution to it was to use the "fluid app creator" to create an app out of drop box and pin it to the menu bar, it's better than going to my browser for dropbox every time I need to send a file/folder but still annoying.

Perhaps apple purposely stuffed that feature so that they can make sure it only works with iCloud Drive.

16. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Dropbox is great! Someone should ping them again about this now that Yosemite has reached GM status.

17. cmm macrumors 6502a

I did. No response. I removed my CC from their app so I will not get billed again. Goodbye Dropbox, hello iCloud Drive!

18. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

https://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=121316

They have a beta build out now for Yosemite that might work for you.

19. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

20. Looprevil macrumors newbie

Dropbox still has the advantage over iCloud Drive if you work in a team. A group of 3,4,5 or more people can share a Dropbox. iCloud Drive is one-person only! Useless if you work in a team.