Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emembee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Surrey,UK
I cant think why Dropbox is taking up so much space on my 10.5. I do not have any offline downloads setup, anyone know if this is just the normal size for it (using Settings General iPad Storage)?

The only thing I changed recently was ARQ backup from my Mac which would use up a lot of space but this is held on the Dropbox server only, not on my iPad (or Mac).

Thanks.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I guess it is the cache? Even if you don’t download stuff for offline access, cache can still be generated. Maybe check that out.

emembee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Surrey,UK
I guess it is the cache? Even if you don’t download stuff for offline access, cache can still be generated. Maybe check that out.
No idea how to check cache on iPad, is there such a tool available? (I use CleanMyMac on my MBP).

Lee_Bo

Cancelled
Mar 26, 2017
Is anyone sharing a folder with you, or are you sharing anything with anyone else?

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
I cant think why Dropbox is taking up so much space on my 10.5. I do not have any offline downloads setup, anyone know if this is just the normal size for it (using Settings General iPad Storage)?

The only thing I changed recently was ARQ backup from my Mac which would use up a lot of space but this is held on the Dropbox server only, not on my iPad (or Mac).

Thanks.
Clear the cache. The website link shows you how to do this.

https://www.howtogeek.com/297840/how-to-clear-your-dropbox-cache-on-android-and-ios/

emembee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Surrey,UK
Thanks for the replies, but clearing cache does very little, still showing as 4.64 GB for Documents and Data. The App Size ia 170.5 MB.

Bit stuck so may contact Dropbox support, though fortunately I have plenty of space left on my iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.