Droping connection in Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by londondude, Aug 7, 2008.

1. londondude macrumors regular

I have mobileme syncing with outlook 2007. Also I use it to download all my me.com emails. every little while i get an error message "connection to mail.me dropped going offline" (to that extent). I put the timeout setting as 10 minutes.

Any one know why this is?

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I believe the only time I have lost connection is when our office internet connection dropped (for just a small time) and I loose all of my real time connections (like IM as well). However, I am not sure about the actuall message. My Outlook Accounts Timeout for me.com is still 2 min.

3. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I now have the problem and my internet connection is up. So, I assume that the IMAP Mail Server "mail.me.com" is down.

To verify, I tested with Outlook and Windows Live Mail (Desktop Application).

Also, my iPhone can not go into other folders. Just says "Connecting to Mail". Also, have not seen any push email for a while.

4. TLewis macrumors 65816

People seem to be having problems with MM today. You might want to keep an eye on the MM system status RSS feed:
    Note that Apple appears to update the status in the evening, seemingly only (long?) after they've fixed any problems.